What is High Mileage for a Motorcycle? It Depends
What is considered high mileage for a motorcycle mostly depends on the type of bike it is. Albany riders can expect to put more miles on a larger bike, like a Road King Special or CVO Street Glide than a smaller sports bike like a Sportster S—although all Harley-Davidson models are built to last. Here’s how it breaks down:
What is High Mileage for a Motorcycle?
- Sports bike — 20,000 miles
- Larger bike — 40,000 — 50,000 miles
Don’t Just Look at the Motorcycle Mileage
What is considered high mileage for a motorcycle also differs depending on how the bike was maintained, where it was stored, and how it was ridden. A good bike that is taken care of properly can often go for more than 100,000 miles. Here are some things to consider when buying a used bike beside the motorcycle mileage:
- Is there a maintenance record?
- Was the motorcycle stored in a garage or outside and exposed to the elements?
- Was it ridden properly, or did the previous owner do things like shift without using the clutch?
- Is there visible damage like rust, corrosion, dents, or leaks?
- How does it perform on a test ride?
Save On a Pre-Owned Bike Near Salem
We have a wide selection of high-quality used motorcycles on our lot, including used bikes priced under $10,000. Why not take one for a test ride? You can even get a head start by filling out our online Quick Pre-Qualify credit application. Timber Town Harley-Davidson is located just down the road from Lebanon, so drop by or contact us today!