Which Harleys Get the Best Gas Mileage?
In general, the Harley-Davidson Street Glide® MPG and Harley-Davidson Sportster® MPG are on the higher end for the brand. That’s because these bikes are relatively lightweight, yet designed for highway riding at consistent speeds. That combination tends to make them more efficient than heavier touring models and more efficient than the sport bikes designed for aggressive riding.
Here are a few points for Portland and Albany riders to keep in mind when comparing Harley-Davidson MPG specs:
- Harley-Davidson FX MPG: FX models like the FXDR™ 114 have posted Harley-Davidson MPG estimates well above 50 highway MPG.
- Harley-Davidson Sportster® MPG: The Sportster Iron 883 has a 3.3-gallon fuel capacity and earns up to 51 MPG.
- Fuel-efficient used motorcycles: Many prior model-year Harleys also offer great gas mileage. Just be sure that the used bike you buy uses fuel injection. Older, carbureted models earn lower gas mileage.
Boost Your Harley-Davidson MPG With Smart Riding Habits
Smart riding habits can also go a long way toward boosting your already-impressive Harley-Davidson Street Glide® MPG or Harley-Davidson Sportster® MPG! Keep these fuel-efficient riding tips in mind the next time you hit the road in Lebanon:
- Maintain a steady speed, shift gears smoothly, and avoid unnecessary revving.
- Ride your bike the way it was designed to be ridden. For instance, you won’t get good Harley-Davidson Street Glide® MPG by riding in stop-and-go traffic.
- Keep up with routine maintenance to keep your bike performing at its peak.
Test Drive Fuel-Efficient Harley-Davidson Motorcycles at Timber Town Harley-Davidson
Questions about optimizing Harley-Davidson MPG? We can tell you more about fuel-efficient riding, and you might also want to check out H-D’s electric division, Livewire®. Stop by our dealership near Portland for details today!